- 1 1/2 cups beans rinsed, soaked overnight, and rinsed again
- 1/3 cup red lentil
- Just enough water to cover lentils and beans
- 1 1/2 cup Yukon Gold potato (medium potato) cut into 3/8″ cubes – 23m
- 2 cups eggplant (about 1/2 eggplant) cut into 3/8″ cubes
- 1 1/2 cups carrot (medium carrot) cut into 3/8″ width and halved
- 1/3 cup fennel cut into 3/8″ cubes
- 1 cup onion cut into 3/8″ cubes
- 10-12 oregano leaves
- 2t lime (or lemon) juice
- 1 t garam masala (or 1/2 t turmeric)
- (optional) 1/4 t fenugreek seed
- 1/2 t freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 t (or to taste) salt
- I cooked the beans, lentils, water, potato, eggplant, carrot, and fennel for 23 minutes (20-25 would have been fine; I wanted a thick result, so went with 23m).
- After the cooking was done, I waited a few minutes and gently released pressure, then mixed in the onion, oregano, and spices.
Ideas for the future
I should more carefully explore how lentils and beans cook well together. I just experimented with a third of a cup of lentil – I wanted to add more, but that’s all of the red lentils that I had.
Labels: Beans, Eggplant, Gluten Free, Instant Pot, Lentils, No Added Fat