I have some extra grilled “artihearts” (grilled artichoke hearts) leftover from our glorious Thanksgiving dinner so will be coming up with several meals featuring them. Here is what I did today.
- 2/3 cup onion cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 2/3 cup frozen mushroom slices
- 2/3 cup frozen Brussels sprouts
- 1 6 ounce packet grilled “artihearts” (grilled artichoke hearts; alternately, regular artichoke hearts) cut into approx. 1/2″ cubes (a little over a cup)
- 2/3 cup frozen bell pepper slices (maybe 1 1/4″ x 1/4″)
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/8 t freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 t garlic powder
- 1/8 t tarragon
- 1/8 t fennel seeds
- I put, in this order, the onion, mushroom, Brussels sprouts, artichoke, and bell pepper into a large Saladmaster stock pan.
I cooked waterlessly – i.e., I covered the pan and heated it on medium high until the vapor release started jiggling, then I reduced the heat to low till the jiggle stopped. I let it cook for about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, I had my wife start some Madagascar Pink rice.
- I mixed in the spices and served the artichoke heart dish with the rice.
Ideas for the future
It would be easy to add flavor to the main course. Some roasted garlic would have been good
Labels: Artichoke, Beans, Brussels sprout, Gluten Free, No Added Fat, Saladmaster, Waterless cooking